Thursday, June 10, 2010

Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Dear Katie,

These therapeutic letters are not really helping at all. My dreams feel more and more realistic and I’m waking up in more random spots. Did I tell you that when I woke up on the flowerbed three nights ago it was seven o’clock in the evening? I don’t think I was sleepwalking because I had a camera around my neck and was not in my pajamas. But back to the real problem, my bizarre dreams are getting worse and worse.

Yesterday my dream started in Chinatown. I was trying to haggle with an old Chinese lady about a barbecue-duck, when I heard screaming from a distance. I looked into the direction of the cries. A whole herd of people in tracksuits came stampeding down the street at my direction. Reflecting on the matching tracksuits, I thought it was a parade of some sort. But then all of a sudden it became uncomfortably dark. Lengthy wiggly shadows appeared out of nowhere. I was about to look up then it started to rain. “That's weird,” I though to myself, “ it was sunny just a few seconds ago.” My train of thought was disturbed by one of the tracksuit people. She was a girl that looked just like me! She was trying to say something to me, but some Spanish song overpowered her voice. In a split second she went flying into the air against her will. Giant tentacles were snatching the tracksuit people one by one and throwing them into the air. The enormous tentacles belonged to a colossal octopus hovering down the street in a leaky cube of water. The people were disappearing into the sky one by one. The song became lauder and lauder. Though I couldn’t understand a word of the Spanish song but it was coming from the sky. I suddenly realized there were words at the bottom of my vision translating the song, like subtitles. I recognized instantly it was Hero by Enrique Iglesias. With the unexpected comprehension I looked into the sky looking for the source of the music. Music notes came crushing down from the sky like hail. They were as big as a fully-grown tuna fish. Shocked by what I have just witnessed I was like a deer caught in the headlights. An eighth note with razor sharp ends came plummeting down at me. Not being able to move I closed my eyes and stood there. Pop. Something hit me on the forehead. Strangely the eighth note that hit me didn’t hurt at all. It felt like a rain drop just hit my head but I didn’t get wet. I opened my eyes to check for any damages and all I found was an Adidas’ shoe on my head. I looked down the street and found music note raining from the sky and turning into shoes when it hits the ground. Occupied being astounded by the sight I had forgotten about the monstrous Octopus that was still floating above me. Out of the blue I felt a tremendous amount of force hurling me into the air. The streets of Chinatown filled with shoes quickly became nothing but black. The Enrique song also stopped. I was stuck in darkness. Big blinding white words popped out of nowhere in front of me. It read ‘Impossible is Nothing’ and an Adidas logo underneath it. Before I could come to a conclusion that I just dreamed an Adidas ad, I woke up in a pitch-black hallway, with a radio, which is on, beside me.

No comments:

Post a Comment